Friday 26 November 2021

Financial Review FY2021

An update on this long forgotten blog!

Don't think there is anymore reader coming to this site, apart from the occasional spammers/scammers that leave dubious comments in my past posts, but I just wanna pen down my financial aspirations since this blog serves as a good repository of my financial goals and milestones.

In my last update in 2016, I set myself the goal of accumulating $250,000 by 30 yo. I'm glad to announce that I've went above and beyond that goal and reached $300,000 at the age of 30. As of this writing, my liquid assets is now hovering around $375,000. Much of the increase in assets were through savings from work income and a tiny inflow from dividends and "high" interest saving accounts.

Embarrass to say, my investment journey went into hiatus since the last update due to various reasons. But now, I'm starting afresh and is eagle to enter the fray again through robo-advisory which has gained significantly more traction compared to 5 years ago. I really like that they made a wide range of ETFs/Index funds covering different asset class and risk levels at relatively low cost and made extremely accessible.

On CPF, I continue to transfer funds from OA (after setting aside a fixed sum) to SA and do annual top up for the higher risk-free interest and tax relief. As of today, I have about, $45K, $174K and $61K in my OA, SA and MA respectively. This bring my total assets to about $655,000.

Looking ahead, I will likely spend a sizeable amount to buy a flat and get married within the next 4 years, so I set my next target to reach $575,000 in liquid asset by the age of 35.




4 comments :

  1. I'm still reading your blog! haha! You can tell by how fast I respond! HAHA
    Looks like you got engaged / attached in past 4 years, hence didn't invest! =P which is a good thing. Looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bhurban, with its breathtaking natural beauty and serene atmosphere, is a prime location for investment in cottages.

    Bhurban Cottages

    ReplyDelete